Links to Magical, Esoteric, and Fraternal Orders and Organizations
- An Institute for Hermetic Studies - The Institute for Hermetic Studies is located in Kingston, Pennsylvania. Started in 1998, the Institute maintains a complete working temple for the instruction of its members in Ceremonial Magic and the Hermetic Arts and Sciences, including qabala, plant alchemy, Rosicrucianism, Martinism, and the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn.
- Magic Society of the White Flame - The society is privileged to guard one of the largest collections of ancient Persian and Arabian occult books and manuscripts in North America. We work diligently to translate these works into English and present them as is, or work them into our materials... The majority of our corpus material is written in Arabic and Persian. However, our practices go back to the ancient Magi of Chaldea, and that is truly where the spiritual heart of our corpus lies. Our sources were written by Arabian occultists, such as al-Buni, Ibn Arabi, and many others, in the Middle Ages. These Arabic masters make heavy mention of Hebrew writing, Hermetic lore, and Babylonian and Chaldean teachings.
- O.T.A. - Ordo Templi Astarte is a Hermetic Order practicing Ceremonial Magick in the Western Occult Tradition -- but with an essential difference; we are Romantic Pagans and we employ a unique Pagan interpretation of the Kabbalah. Our initiations are based on the 18th Century Rite of Crata Repoa and our magical pantheon derives from Ancient Canaan."
- O.T.O. International headquarters. The letters O.T.O. stand for Ordo Templi Orientis, the Order of Oriental Templars, or Order of the Temple of the East. O.T.O. is an Outer Thelemic Order which is dedicated to the high purpose of securing the Liberty of the Individual and his or her advancement in Light, Wisdom, Understanding, Knowledge, and Power through Beauty, Courage, and Wit, on the Foundation of Universal Brotherhood.
OThe Ordo Templi Orientis Phenomena - by Peter-R. Koenig
Theodor Reuss' Ordo Templi Orientis rituals © "The researcher will find here a choice of Reuss' original OTO initiation rituals (Scottish Rite, Cerneau, Royal Arch, Rose Croix, Pike-de Ladebat and Memphis-Mizraim derivations) that have been altered by Aleister Crowley for his English branch.
Templars and Other Chivalric Orders
- Baille of Sidon: A Knights Templar Site
- DeMolay International Official Home Page - Freemasonic organization for young men.
- Grand Encampment of Knights Templar - A Freemasonic Chivilric Order attached to the York rite of Freemasonry.
- A history and Mythos of the Knights Templar - Lots facts and information.
- The International Order of the Round Table - The Order of the Round Table was established in 1908 by G.H. Whyte. This movement was one of the manifestations of the strong spiritual undercurrent that inspired the Western world at the beginning of the twentieth century. From its beginning, the Order of the Round Table found its inspiration in the legends of the original Round Table. The modern Knights of the Round Table continue the "search for the Holy Grail," but in a more symbolic and ethical sense."
- Knight Templers Webring
- The Knights Templar Page
- The Order of Selohaar - The Order of Selohaar is an initiatory order of chivalry dedicated to the preservation of honor, nobility, arcane wisdom, and martial excellence in an age where such traditions and values have generally been forgotten. Our order was founded in 1979 to provide a creative environment and a climate of mutual assistance for those who appreciate such ideals, beyond the constraints of the usual outlets for anachronistic or mystical study and activity."
- Sovereign Military Order of Malta - The official site of the Federal Association of the Sovereign Military Hospitaller Order of St. John of Jerusalem of Rhodes and of Malta (commonly known as the "Order of Malta").
- Templar Mysteries - For almost two centuries, they had autonomy over kings and answered only to the Pope, then as suddenly as they appeared in history they were persecuted and hunted down as heretics, enemies of the faith and had to be killed or suppressed at any cost. What was the big secret that had to be silenced?
- Templar Research Institute - Templar Research Institute (TRI) is about Nobility of Character. Modeled after the medieval Order of The Knights Templar, TRI has as its goal the harmonization of the world's Cultural and Spiritual Traditions through a rigorous program of unbiased research. And, as with the medieval Order of the Temple, TRI represents but the outer activity of a Spiritual Core which animates it."
- The Order of Knights of Pythias - The Fraternal Order of Knights of Pythias and its members are dedicated to the cause of universal peace. Pythians are pledged to the promotion of understanding among men of good will as the surest means of attaining Universal Peace.
- The Castle of The Silver Star - A site with many interesting articles on Thelema, Thelemic organizations and individuals, book reviews etc. from the Newaeon magazine run by G. M Kelly. Most of them arte highly critical and informative.
- College of Thelema and Temple of Theema - Founded in service to the A.·.A.·., the College of Thelema seeks to guide the student to an understanding of the Law of Thelema. Most especially, this means a deeper understanding of oneself and of one's True Will. A combination of instruction techniques is employed, including seminars, written texts, and individual work. For over twenty years, the College of Thelema has published the journals In the Continuum (1973-1996)
- The Gnostic Alchemical Church of Typhon-Christ - The Gnostic Alchemical Church of Typhon-Christ, with current branches
in France, England, Canada, and the USA seeks to further spread the Gnosis through the revelations of the English Qaballa derived from the Holy Books of Thelema, particularly Liber AL vel Legis, the Book of the Law.
- Holy Order Of RaHoorKhuit - We are a Thelemic group working the lesser and greater mysteries of the Western tradition as these mysteries have been influenced by the Book of the Law.
- The Invisible Basilica_Contents
- The Invisible Basilica_Rituals
- The Order of the Thelemic Knights - A Thelemic chivalric Order engaged in charity.
- L.O.G.D.O.S. - The London lodge of the Oxford Golden Dawn Occult Society (LOGDOS) is a practical-based non-heirarchical occult group which is not bound to any specific dogma. It was founded in the summer of 1996 and meets regularly at sites around London. Despite its slightly misleading name it is not dominated by the magick of the Golden Dawn but draws influence from all magickal paths.
- Nu Isis Working Group Welcome to the home page of Nu Isis Working Group in Leeds, risen from the ashes of Sunwheel Oasis O.T.O. Currently an informal group, Nu Isis is in the process of seeking official recognition as a formally chartered encampment of O.T.O.
- O.G.D.O.S. Home page "...the Oxford Golden Dawn Occult Society which takes its name from the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn, the celebrated occult society that flourished at the end of the last century. The magick we practice is a modern equivalent of the old Hermetic Order of the GD system."
- Ordo A.'.A.'. Another group claiming to represent the A.'.A.'.; this site has descriptions of the Outer Order grades with links to the set text.
- Outer College Curriculum Resources - And another one; this site has online copies of and links to some of the material on the old Student reading list.
- Ancient Mysteries Applied To Modern Life "Welcome to the Church of Light! If you have reached this page, then you are probably new to our organization. If this is the case, then we suggest that you momentarily set aside any preconceived notions about science, religion and metaphysics. What you are going to find here will probably differ markedly from anything you have seen before. In fact, nowhere on the planet will you find so perfectly integrated such diverse topics as God, practical occultism, astrology, magic, the science of soul, religion, alchemy, "universal welfare", "The Book of Nature".... so hold on to your hat as we introduce you to the most important material of the dawning Aquarian Age."
- Federation of Damanhur - Home Page - Founded in 1977, Damanhur is an internationally renowned center for spiritual research. Situated in Valchiusella Valley, in the Alpine foothills of northern Italy, Damanhur is a Federation of Communities and Regions with over 800 citizens, a social and political structure, a Constitution, 40 economic activities, 32; its own currency, schools and a daily paper.
- Order of the Grail Grand Commandery "ICES is a non-profit educational institution devoted to the advancement and Mystical enlightenment of Man. ICES is a COLLEGE, NOT a "secret Order". ICES is distributing lectures from the traditional initiatic stream. Many of these lectures were originally in a foreign language and required translation into English. Many of the lectures were once the knowledge-papers given in the particular fraternities. Many of the-fraternities are now defunct thanks to World War II. Most of the lectures ICES distributes are no longer available from their original sources.
- Philosophical Research Society - The Philosophical Research Society was founded in 1934 by Manly P. Hall (1901-1990), and has been publishing classical works in the field of comparative religion and philosophy for over sixty years. The author of more than two hundred volumes, Manly P. Hall was a philosopher of great vision and knowledge. He wrote prolifically on a vast array of subjects, including Western and Eastern religions and mysticism, classical philosophy, personal psychology, et cetera. Always his intention was to provide the student and seeker with insights which could be applied directly to his or her own life and to the benefit of humanity.
- Robert Masters Home "Robert E.L. Masters has been, for more than three decades, Director of Research of The Foundation for Mind Research, which he co-founded. He is the author or co-author of 25 books and more than 100 papers and articles describing his researches into the varieties of human behavior and potentials."
- Servants of the Star and Snake - The Magnum Opus of Shri Gurudev Mahendranath Paramahamsa. The Magick Way of Life of the Cosmic People To see the delusion of the material world, its involvements, and its bondage, but also to understand its relative reality as a matrix for development. The Cosmic People have only one precept: "Not to cause harm, loss or suffering to any other living creature beyond that of dire necessity." To develop the powers and wisdom of the supraconscious mind; to become awake and aware; to attain freedom on all levels. We came from God and to divinity we must return.
- Societas Magica - Established at Kalamazoo in 1995 by Richard Kieckhefer, Claire Fanger and Robert Mathiesen, the Societas Magica was created to further communication and exchange among scholars interested in the study of magic during the middle ages as well as in antiquity and the early modern period. Its range of concerns includes the sociology of magic, magical practices and theories of magic, as well as magical objects, artifacts and texts.